It also takes consideration of Recommendation 2/2001 of the Article 29 Data Protection Working Party, adopted on 17 May 2001, on certain minimum requirements for collecting personal data on-line. The policy can be easily accessible via a link at the bottom of each web page.
1. Information collected and purpose Download Information When you visit our website. The following information will automatically be processed and this solely for the use of this website: The requested web page or download, Whether the request was successful or not, The date and time when you accessed the site.
The Internet address of the web site or the domain name of the computer from which you accessed the site;The operating system of the machine running your web browser and the type and version of your web browser. Cookies are small pieces of data that the site transfers to the user's computer hard drive when the user visits the website. On the Website, you may register as a User, download information, contribute content, or place an Order for food or other Goods. The types of information we collect when you access the Website may include the following:
- your name and the name of your company
- contact and billing addresses
- your electronic mail (email) address
- your phone and fax numbers
- credit card or debit card information
- your primary dining city
- any information that you may provide in a form on the Website
- Network Partner (Restaurants) from which you have ordered, your ordering history, and any dining information or preferences provided by you or the Restaurant
- the Internet Protocol address from which you accessed the Website
- the items you clicked on the applicable web page
Personal data provided by the data subject When using this website's online facilities, data subjects may be required to provide their personal data for the purposes of : Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
2.Our Use of Your Information.
We may provide your name, phone number, email address, and contact and billing addresses to Restaurants from which you place an Order, as well as other third parties who may help fill the Order. We may share your Restaurant order history and other dining information and preferences with that Restaurant and other restaurants under the same ownership.
We may also use and share your information with Restaurants and others:
- to place an Order with a Restaurant,
- to provide you with dining gift certificates and other products, promotional materials and services of the Website, under applicable terms and conditions
- to provide you with information about the services of the Website,
- to provide services which Users are entitled to under applicable terms and conditions,
- to produce aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by the Website,
- to use the aggregate statistical data for promotional purposes,
- to provide you with restaurant recommendations based on your dining history,
- to make your information available to other businesses that may have offers of goods or services for you,
- for any other purposes related to those above.
- Although all reasonable efforts will be made to keep your information updated, you are kindly requested to inform us of any change referring to the personal data held by the association. In any case if you consider that certain information about you is inaccurate, you may request rectification of such data. You also have the right to request the blocking or erasure of data which has been processed unlawfully.
Cookies and Related Data
3. Some of the information we collect via the Website is gathered and maintained through the use of (cookies) and other methods. A (cookie) is a small file that is saved on your computer and which may contain information about you, such as your username and password, or about your use of the Website, such as the page you most recently visited. As a result, we are able to (i) recognize you when you access the Website so that you do not have to re-enter your personal or other information each time you visit the Website, (ii) customize and personalize the content we make available to you, (iii) maintain the (state) of your current visit (e.g., to maintain your Order history or the items in your Order), and (iv) alert you to features of the Website. You may disable (cookies) but the Website may not function properly as a result. In addition we may collect certain non-personal data in connection with the Website. For example, we may collect information on the browser that you use to access the Website, the operating system that you are running, and certain information about the Website you accessed immediately before you accessed the Website.
Posting to Public Areas of Website
4. Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of the Website, such as in dining feedback, such information may be collected and used by others over whom we have no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Website.
For any user, we may aggregate your non-personal data with the non-personal data of our other users. We also collect and analyze general traffic patterns within our Website to help maintain the flow and content of the Website, and we may use or provide to third parties some or all of this anonymous aggregated information to support our commercial activities or for any other reason.
We may, and, Network Partners (Restaurants) from which you have ordered may, from time to time send information or offers to the email address you provide to us. If you prefer not to receive such email, please either access your Profile page to (opt out) of the email list or follow the procedures set forth at the end of each email explaining how you can have your email address removed from the applicable email list. You may not (opt out) of communications relating to an Order.
5. Transaction Security Policy This site uses Paypal which has a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data. You should be able to see the padlock symbol in the status bar on the bottom right hand corner of the browser window. The url address will also start with https:// depicting a secure webpage. SSL applies encryption between two points such as your PC and the connecting server. Any data transmitted during the session will be encrypted or scrambled and then encrypted or unscrambled at the receiving end. This will ascertain that data cannot be read during transmission.
7. Feedback Any comments or suggestions that you may have and which may contribute to a better quality of service will be welcome and greatly appreciated